On May 27, 2020 we welcomed Dr. Christina Ricciuti, PhD., C.Psych as a guest on our Simply Unbreakable webinar. Dr. Ricciuti has been working in the field for more than 25 years with a range of children and youth, with different presentations. These include severe autism and developmental disabilities, to those with mental health issues like anxiety, depression, OCD. As well, behavioural problems and learning problems, like LD’s, ADHD, and cognitive processing deficits.
Dr. Ricciuti spent the hour answering some questions and offering insights for parents and families during these challenging times. Specifically, Dr. Ricciuti spoke about:
- Some of the challenges she’s finding families are facing during this time
- Some suggestions for families trying to balance homeschooling, working and physical distancing
- Tips for helping children dealing with anxiety during the pandemic and fears on re-entry to school, play dates and sports
- Tips for parents who are trying to manage their anxiety over re-entry into society
- Insights for children who may be filling anxiety over living with an immunocompromised/medically fragile parent during the pandemic
- Suggestions for families on how to navigate the uncertainty of this time.
It was an hour full of insights and useful takeaways for parents and children alike. A replay of the webinar can be viewed below.