On April 15th 2020, we had our first Simply Unbreakable webinar which focused on navigating life while dealing with chronic illness.
Kristy Dickinson, our founder and chronic illness patient was joined by Brenda Agnew for the hour-long chat on how they were navigating life under Covid-19.
Kristy and Brenda touched on what pre-Covid-19 life was like for them both and what had changed under the new normal of self isolation and social distancing.
Kristy and Brenda also shared the following resources where attendees could access information and support.
Resources for Patients
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- World Health Organization
- Centers for Disease Control
- Coping with Stress and Anxiety
- Canadian Patient Safety Institute
- Chronically Simple
- Patients Canada
Resources for Caregivers
- Change Foundation-Family Caregivers
- The Caregiver’s Living Room
- Ontario Caregiver Organization
- Parent Advocacy Link ( PAL) Pediatric Support
- OBIA Caregiver Resources
- Carers Canada
- Caregiver Exchange:
- Local Children’s Treatment Centres often have family/caregiver supports. Links can be found at Empowered Kids Ontario
During the chat, Kristy also made a special announcement: to help those in the medically vulnerable community, our app had been updated to include a fever tracker.
To further support our community during these complicated times, we are offering a free 6-month trial for new users. We wanted to do what we could to remove any barriers, specifically cost, in accessing the tool because it is immediately beneficial to the patients, caregivers, and the medical community.
If you weren’t able to join us live on the 15th, you can watch a replay of the webinar below: